Hermione is portrayed by actress Emma Watson in the film adaptations of Harry Potter. Emma Watson actually had to dye her hair darker for the first three movies. Emma naturally has light brown hair. Her hair changed in every movie, the instances being:
- In the first film, her hair is medium brown. Her hair is straight and also very bushy.
- In the second film, her hair is longer than they ever were in the film series. Her hair has grown lighter (caramel brown) and is wavy, not straight.
- In The Prisoner of Azkaban, her hair is merely shoulder length and is shown to get curly.
- In The Goblet of Fire, her hair has gone a bit bushy again and back to a gentle wavy hair. Her hair lightened up to a lighter brown.
- In Order Of The Phoenix, Hermione's hair changes yet again: they become almost straight and their length now reaches just below armpit.
- In The Half-Blood Prince, she is seen with a curlier tone and hair that reach up a few inches above the earlier film.
- In the Deathly Hallows films, her hair get longer (chest-length) again, but revert to a straight version, possibly due to the stress of being on the run. Notably, the second film features her hair getting medium brown again.
Hermione's hair color in the last five movies became lighter due to Emma Watson reverting to her natural hair color.